Friday, July 2, 2010

Tie dye






Each year our neighborhood has a July 4th parade with a theme. This year's theme was "Color me Groveland". One of our colorful members was remembered this year. He would dress in very colorful clothing. It was not unusual to find him in a kelly green sport coat, green golf shirt, green plaid slacks with a green leather belt, with a pair of green leather loafers. Like I said, a very colorful man.

Each family in our neighborhood tries to come up with their own "take" on the theme. I decided to tie dye t-shirts. Did I realize it would take me nearly a week to do it? No.

Nearly 30 years ago I did learn to dye wool using koolaid products. That was fun. About 20 years ago I ventured into marbling fabrics. I looked online, and found a great site with great directions. Check them out at: http://www.madebyhippies.com/howtotiedye/

Here are photos from this past week. A drawn out process with amazing results.

No comments:

Post a Comment