Saturday, October 10, 2009

October Snow





It is Saturday. Kiddos usually sleep in a bit, but not today. They knew there would possibly be snow. Can we make snowmen? Do we need our snow pants on? Will the ski area be open? So at 7am they are asking questions, while I am still trying to get a bit of sleep. Oh well. Guess it is time to get up. Excitement here.

First we have my convertible and part of the scooter, both warm weather vehicles. Guess no more motorcycling, especially today. And only crazy friends ride with their top down, and you know who you are!

Next, the hosta jungle, which is definitely done for the season. The last two photos are of my perenial garden. Season suddenly over, though I knew that several weeks ago. Hopefully we will have some Indian Summer so I can clean it up for the REAL winter.

Can you see the thermometer on the fence in the third photo? It reads between 20-30F. I checked on Weather.com, and our temp currently is 26, but feels like 16F. Ahhhh, the joys of living in Minnesota!

2 comments:

  1. OMGoodness Kim, this is early!! Lovely blog btw. :)) I wish my stash looked as tidy as that quilter you visited :)) Elly

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I envy you to have a first snow so early. Kills all those pesky bugs and I can go outside again.
    Subee

    ReplyDelete