Saturday, February 6, 2010

Celestial Puzzle




Next project started several years ago. An idea? Stars. Fabrics? Batiks. A pile of fabric sat on my ironing board for over a year. This quilt would be for one of my daughters, and her husband. Needed to be the right pattern. Not interested in a Double Wedding Ring quilt. Something similar, but what? Several patterns came and went. I was never really happy with any of them. Headed over to one of my favorite Minnesota quilt shops, Glad Creations in Minneapolis. Their patterns are wonderful. Looked again through their line of patterns, and Celestial Puzzle caught my eye. Perfect for my fabrics, again from my stash. Some day I may use up that stash. We will see.

Cuts, cuts, and more cuts. I am still cutting. Focus and cut. Recalculate amount to cut. Did I add it up right? Increased the quilt from queen size to king size. If I messed up, there is still more fabric that can be used. No worries. Just keep on cutting. Is the end in sight? Not today.

1 comment:

  1. I love the batiks!!! You have a great collection. Can't wait to see what the quilt looks like.

    ReplyDelete