Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Basement shopping

Where does it say that you must spend money to shop? I went shopping in my basement. Yep, my basement. I know I spent money for this fabric a while ago, but it's not "new" money. Conservation? Sounds good to me. Needed a border, binding and backing for this batik quilt. There must be something down there that I can use, and enough of it. That would be the big question.

Many fabrics were "perfect", but not enough yardage. Darn it. I know someone said you must buy 2-4 yards of every fabric you buy, but I would be very broke if that were the case. After about 15 minutes of searching, I came up with some wonderful options with enough yardage.

They are washed and ready for this weekend's retreat. Retreats are my time to reconnect with quilting friends, get focused sewing time, and relax. How many people start packing a week before a retreat? I start thinking about it weeks before, but to pack that early just isn't possible. Three days before? Yes, time to start packing!

1 comment:

  1. totally agree, there will be LOTS of shopping in my closets this year.
    just the way it has to be and I bet I will find projects to keep me busy all year!
    kathie

    ReplyDelete