Friday, January 4, 2013

Best reason of all


I have been trying to keep up to date with the steps of Bonnie's mystery quilt this year.  After Christmas, I went to visit my daughter in Iowa.  We weren't going to see them this year, as she was 38 weeks pregnant.  Understandably she wanted to stay close to home.  So I went to visit her the weekend after Christmas.  Little did I realize it would be the "perfect" time to be there.  My grandson was born on New Year's Eve.  Definitely a great reason to be behind in my sewing!

5 comments:

  1. Family is always the most important thing! You can get caught up on sewing anytime... the birth of a child only happens at one specific moment and it is wonderfully amazing to be there! Congratulations Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is great but the grandbaby is the bestest of all! So glad he came early and you were there for it. Lisa in Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This baby has the best timing. Barely here and mom and dad still get the deduction. sweet little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim What a beautiful grandson. He is sure more important than sewing. I spent a lot of time over Christmas with my grandson over Christmas, and I've only finished step 2. There will be time to sew later on. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new grandson. He's beautiful!

    I wanted to let you know that I've given you the Liebster Blog Award. I enjoy your blog and I want more people to visit. You can learn more about it at http://joyforgrace.blogspot.com/2013/01/surprise-liebster-award.html. (I hope you accept awards!)

    ReplyDelete