Monday, January 7, 2013

Easy Street Step 6 & 7




Before heading to Iowa, did I consider bringing my fabric with me?  No.  I was only going to be there a few days for a short holiday visit.  The weekend visit turned into nearly a week long stay after my grandson was born.  Luckily with some direction, my son was able to locate my fabric and bring it to me when he came down to see his nephew.  I immediately got to work and completed step 6.  



Step 7 would have to wait until I returned to Minnesota.  With planning, I was able to finish the four corners and several of the side triangles.  Now on to Step 8 and the blocks!  I can't wait to get them sewn together!!  It will take me a day or two to get some blocks together, so check back later this week.



19 comments:

  1. Nice colors, Kim! I think you will love it as a finish ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE YOUR COLORS....those are my favorite colors for sure!

    sao in Midlothian, VA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this color way! I keep thinking I want to make a 2 nd one and this might push me over the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your colors are gorgeous! Just putting those setting triangles together makes a whole different and interesting blocK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only set them that way for the photograph. Maybe in another quilt I will set the blocks that way or who knows?

      Delete
  5. congratulations on that new baby grandson. Your quilt is just gorgeous, what a great colour way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colors Kim! It's going to be a beautiful quilt.
    Jean in MN

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is looking somewhat familiar! LOL Your gonna love it! Can't wait to see the final quilt! Congrats Grandmama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Posted a photo of one corner of the quilt. Slow progress, but getting the blocks together a few each day.

      Delete
  8. Looking great. Congratulations on the birth of your Grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks good, looking forward to seeing it all together. Congrats on the new grandson, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very striking color combination. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love your colors! Can't wait to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kim I love the bright colors you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. As everyone says. Your colors are fabulous. I keep hearing that this year indigo is really hot. I see how it really brings your blocks alive. They have lots of energy. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on the new little one. Your Easy Street is looking fantastic. I've enjoyed looking at everyone's fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete